Jenan Saleh

I am 22 years old, I am a Biology teacher at LEAD for educating special needs students, and I am continuing my learning at Lebanese International University, Teaching Diploma. This blog contains posts related to education and teaching, in addition to articles done by me, also it contains thoughts about teaching and learning.

Tuesday, December 31, 2019


Teachers Beliefs
We are convinced that some beliefs are essential to teacher learning. Without them, teachers will not be committed to stretching themselves fully or even commit themselves to that. Beliefs, which drive behavior, are often unexamined and certainly resistant to change.
I.       Beliefs about intelligence and children's capacity to learn
Belief 1: You can get smart.
II.   Beliefs about learning
Belief 2: Learning is constructed as learners assimilate new   experience with prior knowledge.
Belief 3: Learning varies with the degree to which learners' needs for inclusion, influence, competence, and confidence are met.
III.                       Beliefs about teachers and teaching
Belief 4: The nature of professional knowledge encompasses areas of performance, repertoire, and matching, not "effective behaviors".
Belief 5: The knowledge bases of a professional teacher are many, diverse, and complex; and skillful teaching requires systematic and continual study of these knowledge bases.
IV.                       Beliefs about schools and schooling
Belief 6: The total environment of a school has a powerful effect on students' learning.
Belief 7: Racism exerts a downward force on the achievement of students of color that must be met with active anti-racist teaching.





No comments:

Post a Comment